What causes loss of sense of taste?
lived an active life. XXXXXXX
Glossitis due to nutritional deficiencies.
Thanks for asking.
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.
Looking at the clinical history and query, my opinion is as follows:
1. Red surface tongue is commonly due to nutritional deficiencies. Commonly B group vitamins and iron.
2. It can be sore with burning sensation also leading to reduced sensations.
3. Hope there is no whitish patches, all over tongue.
4. You will require multi vitamin supplements specifically containing b1, b2, b3, b6, b9, and b12. Iron tablets will also be necessary.
Improve your diet with fish, egg, red meat and green leafy vegetables. Symptoms should improve within 15 days.
Do get your hemoglobin level tested once, as it could be low. Low hemoglobin is not good at this age. Therapy is same of multivitamin and iron only.
Maintain good oral hygiene and brush twice daily. Infection of tongue could occur secondarily.
Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loss of speech
- What causes loss of balance
- Sudden loss of taste causes
- What causes loss of fingerprints
- Loss of taste caused by stress
- Loss sense of smell causes
- What causes loss in sense of smell and taste
- What causes a peroxide taste
- What causes loss in taste and smell with low libido
- What causes loss in taste