What causes loss of sensation on feet?

Rheumatologist
Question
Hi, a few days ago I started having a loss of sensation in the center toes of both my feet. There is no pain but it is a general loss of feeling that raidiates towards the balls of my feet. It is more evident on my left foot.
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Your symptom is not very specific to a medical condition, but considering your age there is a possibility of peripheral neuropathy as it is involving both feet .

I think you should start taking a multivitamin tablet and get random blood sugar, Vitamin b12 , Serum TSH and NCV done to look for the cause . In case you take alcohol you should try to cut it down. You will need to see a neurologist for the same . Cause needs to be determined before starting any treatment as correction of cause will correct the problem.

Dr. Shruti