What causes loss of sensation on feet?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi, a few days ago I started having a loss of sensation in the center toes of both my feet. There is no pain but it is a general loss of feeling that raidiates towards the balls of my feet. It is more evident on my left foot.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on HCM.

Your symptom is not very specific to a medical condition, but considering your age there is a possibility of peripheral neuropathy as it is involving both feet .

I think you should start taking a multivitamin tablet and get random blood sugar, Vitamin b12 , Serum TSH and NCV done to look for the cause . In case you take alcohol you should try to cut it down. You will need to see a neurologist for the same . Cause needs to be determined before starting any treatment as correction of cause will correct the problem.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad