What causes loss of normal cervical lordosis?
Possible cervical column degenerative disease.
Hi, I have gone through your question and understand your concerns.
Loss of normal lordosis and narrowing of disc space are imaging findings on x-rays more consistent with degenerative disc and column disease.
C5-C6 level should give symptoms ( pain and sensitive changes) on your shoulders too.
In order to evaluate correctly bony structures as well as soft tissues of your cervical column, any nerve or medular compression by herniated disk, you need a cervical MRI to be done.
Treatment depends on MRI findings and your symptoms.
I suggest you to discuss with your primary care Doctor about these issues.
In mean time you could use warm procedures on your neck and Ibuprofen ( if you're not allergic to it) 400 mg three times a day to ease the pain.
Hope this answers your question. If you have additional questions or follow up questions then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Straightening of the normal cervical lordosis
- Slight loss of normal cervical lordosis
- Mild loss of normal cervical lordosis
- Positional loss of normal cervical lordosis or
- Exercises for loss of normal cervical lordosis
- Loss of normal cervical lordosis and ankylosing spondylitis
- Degenerative spurring of normal cervical lordosis
- Focal loss of normal cervical lordosis
- Normal cervical lordosis
- Decrease in normal cervical lordosis