• question-icon

What causes loss of consciousness, nausea and headache?

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi. Ive suffered from two concussions in the past 3 years from car accidents. Today i saw a friend i havent seen in a while and i was sitting down- he gave me a hug and then was standing next to me he bent over to laugh and bumped his forehead into the side of my head. I was still. Almost like a tap of endearmemt. It felt hard but i would assume this would not cause a concussion or head injury corrext? I have a bit of a headache. I think this is more my anxiety. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I don't think there was concussion involved.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

You didn't seem to experience concussion symptoms such brief loss of consciousness, nausea or vomiting, lethargy, vision impairment, moderate to severe headaches, so, I think too you didn't have a concussion.

Furthermore, the force of hitting the head like that is minor and usually doesn't cause any issues.

I think you shouldn't worry much more than necessary, you can use Tylenol for the headaches.

Hope you found the answer helpful. Let me know if I could assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 21 minutes later
So its probably my anxiety correct? I would need more force for concussion?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes, it is likely to be due to anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

Again, since you don't have any concussion, it is probably the anxiety that is causing the headaches.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical