What causes loss of balance and headache post a seizure?

Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I recently had a seizure while being treated in a hyperbaric chamber. The seizure occurred on 6/14/16 and resulted in afib. I am now experiencing balance problems and severe headaches. How long should these continue?
Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 40 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Balance Problems and Headaches take around 8 to 12 weeks for resolution.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

Q1
I recently had a seizure while being treated in a hyperbaric chamber. The seizure occurred on 6/14/16 and resulted in afib. I am now experiencing balance problems and severe headaches. How long should these continue?
A1
Seizures and Atrial Fibrillation following treatment in hyperbaric chamber are quite rare. I am sorry that you have had a bad experience.

As per literature, Side effects of HBOT (Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy) are quite rare, but when the occur, they take around 8 to 12 weeks for resolution. In you case, this may resolve from 8/14/16 to 9/14/16

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions. Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T