What causes loss of appetite in an infant post vaccination?
I need to know whether any associated symptoms are present.
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The dose of DPT often leads to pain, fever and discomfort for a few days. But it is unlikely to cause any problems a week after the vaccination. I do not think that the child's not feeding well is due to the effect of vaccination. Let me know if the child has any other associated presentations like cough and cold, lethargy or reduced frequency of passage of urine. Unless these are present, you need not be concerned.
Wait and observe.
Thanks for clarifying. It is acceptable for a child to occasionally cough. The urine frequency seems reasonable too. I would insist you not to worry. Wait and watch. I think that things will go fine.
Let me know when you seek further assistance.
Glad to be of service
I am glad that I was able to provide reassurance. Feel free to contact me back directly if you ever have a health related query in the future.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Post vaccination encephalitis causes
- What vaccine caused a scar on my arm
- Post vaccine encephalitis causes
- What is the cause of itchy rashes after shingles vaccine
- What causes appetite loss and fatigue
- What causes loss of appetite in a child
- What causes loss of appetite and vomiting
- What causes pus on bcg vaccine spot?
- What vaccinations can cause sleeplessness
- Keloids caused by smallpox vaccination