question-icon

What Causes Loss Of Appetite And Nausea While Treating Spinal Stenosis?

Posted on Sat, 11 Nov 2017
Question: My mother, 91 years old and disabled by spinal stenosis, recently complained of a loss of her sense of taste (although not 100%), a loss of appetite, and nausea when she looks at food. I though it may be related to her boredom with the Assisted Living facility's food, bu she was unable to eat a home-cooked meal at my house yesterday. What might be the problem?
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap (49 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Needs a proper evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you I would like to tell you that considering her age group as well as the associated comorbidities she is having the problem can be due to many reasons but most importantly here it can be related to either increase in the severity of her depression problem or could also be due to increase in severity of her spinal stenosis.

The patient needs to be evaluated properly and personally by a neurologist as well as a psychiatrist for opinion and advise on her current issue. So it's advisable to get her evaluated personally by taking her to a hospital.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist