What causes loss of appetite and constipation in a 2 month old infant?
Do not worry
I understand your concerns. Infants show wide variations in frequency, color and consistency of poops. We recommend suppositories at times when they do not pass poops for over 7 days or its associated with discomfort in the form of increased irritability and poor feeds.
Do not worry as babies do show a relaxed and sleepy pattern after treatment of constipated state due to general relief. But it's equally important to feed them actively by stimulation if baby do not demand for more than 4 hours.
In case, you feel that the baby is too lethargic and not accepting feeds at all, then do visit a pediatrician for proper clinical evaluation to rule out any ongoing sepsis. CBC, CRP and urine evaluation will be useful investigations in that case.
Hopefully it will be of help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes constipation in pregnancy
- What causes severe constipation in a 3 year old
- What causes abdominal discomfortbloating and weight loss with constipation
- Feeling sick no appetite constipation
- Symptoms loss of appetite constipation brown discharge
- Small child nausea vomiting increased appetite constipation frequent urination cure
- Sour stomach loss of appetite constipation chills
- Nausea loss of appetite constipation is it due to alcohol
- What causes constipation on 2 year olds
- What causes constipation in toddlers