What causes loss of appetite after having Purzanthin & Curcumin2k supplements?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Recently I read abot PurZanthin & Curcumin2k supplements made in US and bought it . For last two days I am consuming it and feeling loss of appetite , heaviness in head and feeling loneliness. I would like to add that I am regularly taking DregoD , Sugamet MC two times a day. Apart from it I am taking medicine in the night to cure my claustophobia . Should I stop taking these two supplements ! Pls advise in details!
Posted Fri, 29 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
stop both medications and see if symptoms improve

Detailed Answer:
Both these medications can cause these symptoms. I would advice you to stop both medications. It your symptoms improve after stopping them. You can restart them one at a time. And see which medicine is causing the problem.and discontinue that medication.
In case your symptoms don't improve after stopping these two medications I would advise you to consult your doctor .hope this helps.
Dr Samir

Follow-up: What causes loss of appetite after having Purzanthin & Curcumin2k supplements? 16 minutes later
Thanks .. First day i had taken only Purzanthin and wS in exited mood in the morning which spoiled my golf that day. Then i started taking altogether. Hope that Purzanthin may be taken at a interval of a day. But i am requesting you to define the supplements effects to me particarily . What you replied is just i can read anywhere on net. Sorry , but pls explain!

Answered by Dr. Samir Patil 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
story meds and observe

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

There is no strong evidence to support the use of both the medications for routine use to prevent illness. Curcumin has been reported to cause or aggravate stomach problems. Mood changes have not been attributed to either drug.

As these are non essential meds, I would suggest you stop both of them. If symptoms do not improve, you will need further work up for your symptoms
.