What causes loose motions with stomach ache?
Thank you for the query.
Loose motions lasting longer than 48 hours should be consulted with a doctor and stool tests should be done. Most of regular gastrointestinal infections goes away within 48 hours. If not, your body wont fight it by itself or there is other than infection cause of loose stools (like partial bowels obstruction or inflammatory bowels disease).
So please do not try medicines which will help by your own. Visit your doctor and have proper medicines prescribed (antibiotic like Ciprofloxacine). If antibiotic treatment wont help and stool test will show no infection, colonoscopy should be considered.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes diarrheria with stomach ache
- Stomach ache feverheadache are caused by what
- Stomach ache belching diarrhea what is causing these
- What causes stomach ache in childeren
- What is the cause of a constant stomach ache
- What causes persistent stomach ache
- What is the cause and treatment for stomach ache
- What causes stomach ache and sweats
- What causes peeing a lot and stomach aches
- What causes stomach ache and flatulence