• question-icon

What causes long term dizziness?

Posted on Fri, 11 Aug 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: i been having dizziness, for a long time and the doctor say it is partial seizures, what can I take for this
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Several antiepileptic drugs may be appropriate.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

It is necessary first to diagnose correctly the condition, if partial seizures are confirmed after neurological examination, EEG results and brain MRI, then there may be necessary to start a treatment.

Drugs that may be used include phenytoin, carbamazepine, and valproate.

New antiepileptic drugs that may also be used to control partial seizures include Lamotrigine, topiramate, gabapentin, pregabalin, Levetiracetam, etc.with fewer possible adverse effects.

Dizziness may be a possible adverse effect of these drugs also, if your Doctor will decide to start a treatment.

Discuss with your Neurologist about these issues and choosing the correct drug(s) for you.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical