question-icon

What causes lightheadedness, fainting and tension pressure on face and head?

Posted on Mon, 16 May 2016
Question: Yes..for the past couple of days I've been feeling lighted headed... feel like am about to pass out. Sometimes also I feel tension pressure on my face and head. I am epileptic
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga (52 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
Hello & thank you for
submitting your question.

Your symptoms are worrisome especially with your history of epilepsy, as the sensation of nearly passing out may be due to a variety of causes, such as cardiac, metabolic, neurological, or even infection. This feeling might also be caused by dehydration or medication effect. A physical examination by a physician is the best way to determine what is the exact causal factor in your case. Please see a physician at your soonest convenience for a complete evaluation and assessment.

Sincerely,
Dr Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist