What causes lightheadedness and memory issues?

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist

Posted on Thu, 22 Jun 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: Hi, lately I seem to be getting tongue tied alot and I have trouble remembering things and I've been getting light headed while laying sown or sitting up and I blacked out once about 2 days ago while I was laying down.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Blood pressure/Routine blood work

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist, here to answer your query.

The symptoms which you have mentioned appear to be non-specific and there can be several reasons for the same-
Anxiety, Blood pressure abnormalities or postural fall in blood pressure, anemia, and sometimes thyroid problems.

I would suggest you to get examined by a physician for postural fall in blood pressure. Further, routine blood work including hemogram,blood sugar, serum electrolytes and Thyroid function tests is suggested. Also, doing regular mental relaxation exercises like meditation will likely be of help.

Hope that helps.If you have further queries in this regard, I shall be glad to have you in follow-up.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)