What causes lightheadedness and fainting spells with high heart rate?
This morning I had several spells of a radiating heat spreading from my chest area out along my upper arms. Not painful, but warm with a bit of tingling sensation.
Could this all be something with my heart?
This could be something with your heart.
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. Yes, this all could be related to a heart problem. The right steps have been taken in the after hours clinic. Most important is the Holter monitor. What you are describing sounds like abnormal rhythms of the heart. Some types of arrhythmias can cause fainting or lightheadedness. There are inflammation problems or infections that can also affect the heart and cause such symptoms. I presume they did an EKG the clinic. Did they say if it showed anything? The Holter monitor records your EKG over several days to see if there are arrhythmias associated with the symptoms. Once a diagnosis of the arrhythmia is made, the correct treatment can be started. Have you gotten the studies they recommended? If I were your doctor, I would be sending you promptly to the cardiologist. If you are having acute symptoms before you get in to your regular doctor or a cardiologist, such as those this morning, you should go to the emergency room. Although the symptoms you describe from this morning are not typical of a heart attack, they should be evaluated. At the emergency room they can do rapid tests to see if there is any sign of a heart attack, and if necessary monitor your heart beat/EKG at least overnight to see if other problems exist. Do not take any chances with your heart. Hope this answers your query. If you have further questions, I would be happy to answer them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of fainting spells brain
- Had fainting spell and panic attacks what to do
- Does brest cancer cause fainting spells
- What causes extreme tiredness and fainting spells post workout
- What causes feeling like numbness in tongue with fainting spell
- Why hyperthyroidism cause fainting spells
- Fainting spells during period
- Does bleeding from ear cause fainting spells
- What causes near fainting spells
- Fainting spells causes
- Can Coumadin cause inflammatory reaction when you stop it?
- What causes nausea,vomiting and vertigo when suffering from meniers...
- What causes sleeplessness inspite of using ambien?
- Suggest treatment for infected folliculitis
- What does itchy and bump on buttocks indicate?
- What causes UTI?
- What causes numbness and tingling in left hand and fingers?
- What causes severe pain in right side?
- What causes persisting headaches after a head injury?
- What causes excessive sleepiness in the elderly?