What causes lightheadedness after missing a meal?
I was feeling lightheaded after not eating for six hours. Decided to check my blood sugar (my foster daughter is diabetic, so I had a meter and strips available) and the level came back at 153. Is this a number that should concern me? Thank you.
Need further evaluation.
Noted your concern. A random value of 153 is not alarming. But after 6 hours of fasting, ,it is a high value. I would suggest you to do a fasting blood glucose ( 8 to 10 hours fasting ) , an HbA1c (three month average) and a 2 hour post meal blood sugar. This will give further clues. Based on this you may also require an Oral glucose tolerence test as well.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes vomiting and lightheadedness
- What is the cause of lightheadedness and migraines
- What causes lightheadedness and pailness
- What causes nausea with headaches and lightheadedness
- What causes lightheadedness and poor circulation
- What causes dizziness and lightheadedness after having horney goat
- What is the cause of lightheadedness and body cramps
- What causes pain in shoulder and lightheadedness after delivery
- What are the causes for lightheadedness and tiredness
- What causes lightheadedness during pms