What causes light yellow stool of infant?
Her food is raagi(red millet) in morning, rice with daal in afternoon and evevning one fruit either apple or banana. Other times she is formula milk fed.
Should we be worried about her poo color?
You need not worry about the poo colour
Hi... I have just seen the image you have provided. You need not worry about the poo color.
Actually it is looking hard due to the ragi in her diet. Nothing to worry about apart from this.
This is the age to start complimentary feeding and I will suggest you on this -
At this age you can start giving Cerelac stage one rice or Nestum rice stage 1 etc. All are same in calories and energy. Only thing is palatability which is subjective for each kid.
Other home-made food options will be -
1. Daal and rice well cooked and made into a porridge along with ghee
2. Boiled apple or banana and mashed into a paste.
3. Any made cereal porridge preparation with additional ghee added.
Remember certain principles like -
1. Add one food material / cereal or fruit per week. This will be useful because if he develops vomiting or diarrhoea, we will know what to avoid.
2. Add vegetables and fruits made into a paste surely to avoid constipation.
3. Do not add too much sugar as it may cause diarrhoea.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What cause yellow stool in dogs
- What causes yellow bowel stools
- What causes blood in stool of infants
- What is the cause for yellow floating stool
- What causes light brown stool
- What antibiotics cause yellow stools
- What causes yellow burning stool
- What can cause yellow stools
- What causes loose yellow stool
- What diet cause yellow stool