What causes light pink vaginal bleeding?

Dr. Nidhi Setia

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in Women's Health
Question: I am having a ultra sound of my uterus in a week I have experience slight bleeding a pink color, should I be very concerned. I am seventy years old have polio and kind of worried! I had a pap test in September of 14 and it was fine.
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
not a cause of concern in majority of cases.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.

Bleeding after menopause is due to no particular or serious cause in almost 90% of cases.

It can usually be due to inflammation and thinning of the lining of your vagina (called atrophic vaginitis) or uterus, a polyp or
thickened endometrium (called endometrial hyperplasia).

However, it must be investigated to rule out the cancer of uterus and cervix.

Transvaginal ultrasound and endometrial biosy should be sufficient to determine the same.

It is good that your pap smear results were normal.

I would advise you to go for ultrasound without worrying much.

If possible, you can share the reports here with me.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.