What causes light pink color tissues in stool?

Excellent

Question
I discovered light pink tissue like matter mixed in with my stool. Some up to two inches long and a quarter inch in diameter. Also, one piece that was flat and 1 x 2 cm in dimension. The feces was 3/4-inch and ball to tear drop shaped. I have eaten very little over the past week due to schedule. Could the pink be just sloughing of bowel lining or even a parasite?
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely mucosal sloughing...Monitor!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I have reviewed the information that you have provided fully. My suspicion is that this most likely represent mucosal sloughing and not a parasite. I will suggest that you monitor your stools again. If you do not observe any similar findings, ignore this and do not bother about any possible ongoing abnormality.

Should this persist, though very unlikely, I will suggest that you get your stool examined at a laboratory.

In all, monitor. No need to panic and act according to the above provided recommendations.

I hope this helps. I wish you well and thank you so much for using our services. Feel free to ask for more information and clarification if need be.