What causes light period bleeding?

Question
hi, my periods are usually very heavy and are usually 5-7 weeks apart. I normally have to wear overnight pads and constantly pass clots and have extreme bloating and cramps. However, my last period came 4 weeks exactly after the previous one and was extremely light with light cramps and bloating. Since this is weird for me i took a pregnancy test and it came out negative. 4 weeks exactly later i started bleeding lightly again. I've had my period for several years now and i was wondering if it is just my hormone levels becoming regular or if i should be concerned. Also, my diet has changed i eat a lot more healthier now and do yoga daily, so it could also be caused from a lifestyle change i am assuming. any thoughts?
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Vidya KR 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hormonal balance

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I went through your query and understood your concerns.

Before your periods were once in 5- 7 Weeks. With increased duration between two cycles, amount of blood flow will be increased , as endometrium will be well formed.

Hormonal variations do common in teeneagers and it slowly regularises. With change in diet pattern and meditation like yoga do help in hormonal balance. I appreciate your life style changes like healthy diet and yoga. Good to continue them.

You need not to worry, it's a good changes in your body as your cycles are becoming regular with hormonal balance.

Hope I answered your query. Feel free to ask further related query.