What causes light menstrual bleeding?
FOLLOW THE ADVICE.
Thanks for writing to us.
Scanty or lighter menstrual bleeding may occur due to effect of contraceptive pill, nervousness and emotional disturbance, mental stress, heavy exercise or rapid weight loss, low body fat, improper diet, anemia etc. Poly Cystic Ovary should be ruled out in this context.
Here, I suggest you to undergo one pelvic ultrasound scan (USG) and complete hormonal profile (like LH/ FSH, TSH, Serum progesterone, Prolactin) with blood Hb% etc to confirm the diagnosis.
Proper treatment depends on ruling out the underlying cause and diagnosis of the case. Kindly, consult with your GYNECOLOGIST regarding this for overall clinical examination and proper management.
In addition, I suggest to take healthy diet with more protein, vegetable fat and IRON supplement, drink more water (2.5 to 3 lit/ day), avoid mental stress and take sound sleep.
Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query.
Wish your good health and take care yourself.
Dr S Patra
For future query, you can directly approach me through
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are causes for bleeding after menstrual
- What causes gritty menstrual bleeding
- Causes of continuous menstrual bleeding
- Causes of heavy menstrual bleeding
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding causes
- Causes of light menstrual periods
- What is the cause and cure for heavy menstrual bleeding
- What causes excessive menstrual bleeding
- Inter menstrual bleeding causes
- What causes scanty menstrual bleeding