What causes light menstrual bleeding with short duration?

Posted on Mon, 15 Jun 2015 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I have had my tubes clamped 5 years ago. The last few months my period has been getting lighter and shorter. But the last two weeks I have been really tired not sleeping well and a lot of head aches. The last two days I have had curl up in a ball pain in lower stomach. Overies area. Thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ultrasound and internal examination are necessary

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
What is your age? By saying periods are shorter I presume you mean number of days of bleeding during periods are short. If so it is normal. Do not worry about it.
When was your last period? Are you stressed? Has there been a change in your daily routine? Are the headaches result of not sleeping well or you are unable to sleep because of headaches?
The common reasons for pain in lower abdomen are ovarian cyst, renal stone and pelvic infection. Presence of vaginal discharge associated with itching or smell suggests infection. Do consult your doctor for internal examination and ultrasound of uterus and ovaries.
I hope this helps. If you have further queries, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN