What causes light menstrual bleeding with short duration?
There is no possibility of pregnancy due to sex you had yesterday.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
Are your periods always regular? The spotting you had is premenstrual spotting which can occur due to hormonal changes. The bleeding you started yesterday is menstrual bleeding.
If it was due to some vaginal tear you would have had pain and the bleeding would have gradually stopped.
Even if you consider that spotting as menstrual bleeding, yesterday was the sixth day of your period. The first 7 days are safe. Unprotected sex during this period does not cause pregnancy. So don’t worry about it.
I hope I have answered your concerns. If you have any further queries, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What are causes for bleeding after menstrual
- What causes gritty menstrual bleeding
- Causes of heavy menstrual bleeding
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding causes
- Causes of light menstrual periods
- What is the cause and cure for heavy menstrual bleeding
- What causes excessive menstrual bleeding
- Causes for short menstrual periods
- Causes for short menstrual cycle
- What causes scanty menstrual bleeding