What causes light headedness with stuffy nose,cough and appetite loss?

ENT Specialist
Question
I feel light headed and I have a stuffy nose and a cough and loss of appetite. What do I have?
Posted Tue, 5 Aug 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Acute Sinusitis

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

The symptoms described by you seems to be related to the early stages of sinusitis. The initial stages are of viral in origin, which is self limiting.

Lightheaded feeling is due to the nasal congestion and reduced oxygen supply to the brain. Also, the sinuses get blocked causing heavy feeling in the head.

I would suggest you to drink plenty of warm water, do steam inhalation and use saline nasal spray. If the symptoms do not get better within couple of days please consult your doctor.

Hope I have answered your query. I'll be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon