What causes light headedness with history of heart attack?
like maybe 5or6 times in the last 4weeks no I have heart problems 2 heart attacks and two by passes I have a paces maker also
Kindly provide more information.
Welcome to HCM.
Kindly provide some more information regarding your lightheaded,
Since when you are feeling light headed?
Are there any other symptoms associated with it?
Any history of past disease or current medications?
I will give my opinion once you will provide me these answers.
Awaiting your response.
Dr XXXXXXX kabra
betahistidine 16 mg or cinnarizine 25 mg will be helpful.
Thanks for sharing more information.
Lightheadedness in sitting or any position is concerning.
It could be due to variety of causes or it could also be transient.
Since you do NOT have any other symptoms associated with it and perhaps if the lightheadedness is not troubling your day to day work, then you may wait for few days.
Until then you may take proper hydration and electrolyte balance with some symptomatic antihistamines treatment like betahistidine 16 mg or cinnarizine 25 mg (on SOS basis) after consulting to your treating doctor.
However, if the problem is persistent or 2 or more episodes of feeling light headed in a day then you should see a doctor at the earliest and get evaluated further.
I will suggest you undergo routine blood count, ESR, blood electrolytes, tests for vestibular (balance) system like electronystagmography or rotation tests to diagnose the cause for lightheadedness or dizziness.
Your local physician will know about the test.
He/she will can order the test after complete history and thoroughly clinical examination like temperature, pulse, blood pressure which will enable us to arrive a diagnosis.
Hope this helps.
Dr XXXXXXX kabra
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes light headedness and numb hands
- What causes headache and light headedness after an injury
- What causes pain in the sciatica light headedness and dizziness
- What causes dizziness symptoms light headedness
- What causes light headedness
- What causes dizziness and light headedness
- What causes light headedness and heart burn with back pain
- What causes pain behind eyes and light headedness
- What causes light headedness during exercise
- What causes light headedness weakness and sleepiness