What causes light headedness and chest pains?

Excellent

Question
I have been getting light headed recently. I have also had a pinpoint pain in the upper area of my chest. My neck and shoulders feel as though I slept wrong quite often. I occasionally feel like a blood vessel or something swells on the left side of my face. My blood pressure is normal and EKG is normal according to my doctor. Also if I lay on my left side the pain in chest can get worse and on my right side lessened. What can my symptoms be from?
Posted Thu, 21 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Needs Work up and management

Detailed Answer:
thank you for asking
light headedness and chest pains associated with postures with all ekg and cardiac profile normal looks like a musculoskeletal origin take some skelaxin and see if it helps. lungs infection may also present this way but that might be associated with cough and phlegm and bad wheezy chest and a fever.
pleural membranes involvement may also cause that aka pleuritis and needs management.
Esophageal reflux disorders like GERD, motility disorders, gall bladder issues pancreas pain may also present this way.last but not the lest possibility is of a peptic ulcer too.
nut shell it needs a little work up and a complete clinical correlation for a better and detailed management. Get an internal medicine specialist and let them sort it out you. what ever it would be it would be easily treatable as worrisome causes like hypertension and cardiac issues have already been ruled out. If all clear then anxiety will be considered.
i hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
May the odds be ever in your favour.
Khan