What causes light-headed feeling and nausea while on Levothyroxine for thyroid?
The thyroid medication called levothyroxine does not generally cause these symptoms, although in inappropriately high doses it can. However I see you have mentioned that you were started on a low dose. So it is quite unlikely that the dose is too much for you.
So you will need a detailed assessment for your symptoms. When I see someone like you I run the following laboratory tests in addition to a thorough physical examination:
Thyroid auto antibodies
25 hydroxy Vitamin D
I also refer the patient to a Neurologist and Cardiologist for evaluation regarding potential heart and brain related causes for your light headedness.
Obviously if your vital signs such as blood pressure and pulse are abnormal then you must go to the Emergency Room immediately
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could cause hyperthyroidism while taking levothyroxine
- Taking levothyroxin thyroid medicine tired experiencing nausea what to do
- What causes nausea feeling while urination
- What is the cause of nausea while i eat
- Does low thyroid cause nausea
- What causes leg swelling when on levothyroxine for hypothyroidism
- What causes lef swelling when on levothyroxine for hypothyroidism
- What causes hair loss when on levothyroxine
- What causes light headed nausea and jittery after taking adderall
- What causes chest pain and anxiety when on levothyroxine