What causes light-headed feeling along with imbalance while walking?
I would recommend as follows.
Regarding your concern, I would explain that your symptoms could be related to different possible causes like:
* Low blood pressure or
* Orthostatic hypotension
* An inner ear disorder
* Chronic degeneration of the cervical vertebral column, etc.
For this reason, I would recommend you to measure your blood pressure values frequently during the day in sitting and standing up position.
If your blood pressure values drop more than 20mmHg in standing up position compared to sitting position, it could be indicative of orthostatic hypotension. In such case a Head Up Tilt test would help rule in this diagnosis.
If your blood pressure values are normal, consulting with an ENT specialist for a physical exam in order to exclude an inner ear disorder would be needed.
Other tests to consider would be:
- Complete blood count for anemia
- Blood electrolytes for any possible imbalance
- Thyroid hormone levels for thyroid dysfunction
- A cervical spine X ray study
- A Doppler ultrasound of the cervical arteries to examine the blood flow to the brain.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above tests.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
Dr. Iliri Sharka
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could be the cause cause for shaking feeling
- What causes abdominal pain while walking and coughing
- What causes pain and numbness feeling while tilting my head
- What is the cause for heal pain noticed while walking
- What causes tight feeling in head
- What causes knee pain while walking
- What cause my head imbalance
- What causes feeling dizzy light-headed and mildly nauseous
- What causes fuzzy feeling in head
- What cause a foating feeling in head