What causes light flashes in the eyes?

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Sat, 24 Feb 2018 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: im gettling flashes ose in a while ois this normal in the eye
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A problem with the eye apparatus to consider.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HealthcareMagic.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Flashes in the eye may be a common feature with growing age, but also may indicate problems with the vitreous gel and the retina (shrinking of the vitreous gel for example ).

If you experience headaches from time to time, aura and migraine headaches are a possible explanation.

Please discuss with your primary care Doctor about these issues.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 19 minutes later
Shrinking of the gel is this bad not going to be paranoid. I get sinus time to time this can cause it. So like I kinda see like foggyiness a bit could be from the sun not going to be parnoid
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it's not necessary to be paranoid.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

It is not necessary to be paranoid.

Shrinking of gel happens with age, but that doesn't mean necessarily a disease.

Sinusitis also may result in disturbed vision as migraine headaches do too.

In conclusion, whichever is the cause of your vision issues, it is not a serious condition to be paranoid.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards.

Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 2 hours later
Can sinus cause the eye going crazy like flashes at times and vision changes
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic sinusitis may cause visual disturbances too.

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

Chronic sinusitis may cause visual disturbances.

Other symptoms of sinusitis should be present in order to be sure about the diagnosis.

Get examined by your primary care Doctor first.

Hope I helped you so far.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 10 minutes later
should i be concerned
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 0 minute later
Brief Answer:
If confirmed, sinusitis is treatable.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.

If confirmed, sinusitis is a treatable condition, so, I don't think you should be concerned much more than necessary about it.

I don't see anything wrong with the eye picture that you uploaded.

Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Erion Spaho 0 minute later
hows the eye look the photo