What causes light brown vaginal discharge during 11 weeks pregnancy?

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 4 Nov 2015 in General Health
Question: hi !
I am XXXXXXX and I am 11 weeks pregnant. i had light brown discharge and soon called my doctor. she told to for ultrasound. In ultrasound the tech had reported "developing placenta is anterior and low lying crossing the internal os with a small retroplacental clot measures 15 x 5 mm just above the internal os. grade 0 maturity. excessive fetel movement. nasal bone is seen, nuchul thickness is 0.13cm. ductus venosus shows normal flow. fetal heartrate is 164 bpm. CRL 4.07cm." so my doctor prescribed me etosys 500 mg twice a daily and complete bed rest . and i want know that this retroplacental clot can be heeled ? what is the use of etosys 500 mg tab and what is the reason of excessive fetel movement and also the formation of retroplacental clot ? it can harm the baby? can everything will be fine? for how long i need to take bed rest ? plz tell me i m very anxious
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take rest for at least ten days

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear, thanks for trusting health care magic.
I understand your anxiety related to the issue.
You have placenta developing just above the mouth of the uterus and is below the baby which is otherwise above the baby at the fundus of the uterus.
This clot is just a collection of blood and will be either expelled which is common and harmless or get absorbed eventually.
In both cases nothing to worry but there should not be active bright red bleeding.
Etosys will prevent further bleeding bu enhancing clotting at the site of bleeding so will help a lot.
As the bleeding has stopped now it will be fine now most probably but not for sure.
Clot will take 7-10 days to go away and so you should at least rest for 10 days from now.
In case there is no bleeding in future then nothing to worry at all.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 41 minutes later
what is the cause of retroplacental clot ? my doc has told that my bp is on higher side that is 110/90, in morning 100/70. the lower side should be 60. is this the cause? will etosys helps in absorbing clot ? i have not any brown discharge now. it was just a small drop before ultrasound. i m taking full bed rest by keeping pillow under my feet and doing small easy works. is it ok ?
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take rest along

Detailed Answer:
Yes that pillow use beneath feet and rest alone will suffice.
Avoid intercourse or picking heavy things like pile of clothes or bucket of water.
Yes BP can be the cause but in placenta previa even a slight injury like fingering or squatting or heavy weight lift or intercourse can cause problems.
But nothing to worry if there is no active fresh bleeding.