What causes light and loose stool associated with anal burning?
Light and loose stool
Hello and Welcome
I appreciate your concern
Light and loose stool can be due to a number of causes including pathology of biliary tract, parasitic infestation, bacterial and/or viral infections, dietary modifications.
The ideal way would be to get a stool routine exam plus ova and parasites done. Liver function tests as part of basic metabolic panel and ultrasound abdomen can also be advised if biliary tract abnormality is suspected clinically e.g if there is evidence of jaundice.
Treatment would depend upon the results of the investigations advised. If the labs are clear the local examination of the anus and digital rectal examination (DRE) can also be done in due consultation with your doctor.
Wishing you best of health
Let me know if you have any query
Please consult your doctor before deciding on any further course of action.
For future follow up / correspondence you may ask me directly at the link given below
Dr. M.S. Khalil
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes loose stools with blood in it
- Hcg cause loose stools
- What causes loose stools in the morning
- What causes bubbles in loose stool
- What causes loose stools after gallbladderremoved
- What causes frequent urination with loose stool and constipation
- What can cause slimey loose stools
- What is the cause for loose stools when on coq
- Does colon cancer cause burning loose stools
- What causes loose stools