What causes leukoplakia?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I was dignosed with leukoplakia on left side tongue by XXXXXXX ENT in December 2009. Thick patch of about 2 inches long and 5 mm width .Started multivitamins and it reversed about 95% cured. It is cured and new skin on tongue has come.
What to do to stop recurrence. Now still have slight white very thin patch.
Regards and Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Leukolplakia

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Leukoplakia is a mucosal change. Avoid tobacco or betel chewing.Take multivitamins especially vitamin c and a. These are required for healthy mucosa and skin. If there is any jagged tooth, get it treated. Just be vigilant for any changes in colour or sensation. Nothing else is required.
If there is any change in colour or size of present lesion, consult an ENT SPECIALIST.

Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy