What causes lethargy, tiredness, diarrhea and heart palpitations?
p.s I forgot to mention all but 1 so 3 of my siblings and my grandmother have thyroid diseases including with hashimotos and my grandmother died of thyroid cancer
Your symptoms are indicative for hyperthyroidism.
I read very carefully your queries and medical history.
First of all I am very sorry for the health problems you are facing and I thank you for the detailed description of your medical history,It is very important to understand better what is going wrong with you.
Hashimoto's disease, or thyroiditis is an inflammation of the thyroid as a result of an immune attack on the thyroid.Now usually in about 95% of the cases, Hashimoto's results in an underactive thyroid, or hypo-thyroidism.
In a very small percentage of patients that have Hashimoto's antibody the thyroid becomes overactive. But this is very rare, and I must say that we rarely see it.
I can say that your symptoms (Lethargy,excessive tiredness,diarrhea,profuse sweating,dehydration,palpitations,weight loss, difficulty sleeping , stress , nervousness, anxiety and irritability ) are very indicative for Hyperthyroidism.
The fact that you have familiar history for thyroid disease make this more possible.
It would be helpful if you send me a copy of your blood test report so I can evaluate the results and to know which tests you have already done.
A diagnosis of Hyperthyroidismcan be confirmed with blood tests that measure the levels of thyroxine and TSH in your blood. High levels of thyroxine and low or nonexistent amounts of TSH indicate an overactive thyroid.
So you need to run some tests :
-FT3 and FT4
If the test results indicates Hyperthyroidism then you should consult an Endocrinologist and do further investigations (Radioactive iodine uptake test,Thyroid scan,Specific Antibodies ) to sort out the real cause of Hypothyroidism and get the right treatment.
Another issue that worries me are the repetitive infections you have.Most of them are very rare in people with competent immune system,this make me think probably your immune system is weak and unable to fight these infections as it should.
The major reasons for weak immune system are:
I suggest to run a complete blood count to evaluate Red blood cells count,White blood cells count,Platelet count.
-Run a fasting blood sugar test.
If these test result normal,you finally should get tested for HIV infection to exclude this possibility.
I don't know which test you have already done and maybe some of these causes have been excluded from these tests.
Hope my answer has helped.
If you have any additional question please feel free to write me back,I will be happy to answer.
Wish you good luck with your investigations and let's hope for the best.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Heart palpitations caused by gastritis
- Inflammation that causes heart palpitations
- Onion causing heart palpitations
- What can cause heart palpitations
- Heart palpitations caused by sneezing
- Heart palpitations cause coughing
- What causes heart palpitations symptoms
- What is the cause and treatment for heart palpitations
- Dizziness nausea abdominal pain heart palpitations lethargy
- What causes minor heart palpitations
- What causes swelling under lingual frenulum?
- What causes unexplained painful bruise on wrist?
- What causes anemia?
- What is the cause and treatment for temporomandibular joint disorder?
- What causes anxiety?
- Can Lansoprazole,Cephalexin and Clarithromyc be taken together?
- How to control high BP?
- What causes painful leg swelling in an elderly person?
- Suggest treatment for fatigue,nausea and depression in an elderly
- Is heart beat of 70 beats/min,dangerous?