What causes lethargic and weakness in young adults?
It could be due to Low Sugars or Drug Induced.
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for posting your query.
Well there could be many conditions which cause this kind of problem. Common among them are :
1. Hypoglycemia ( Low blood sugars ) : If she has not taken her breakfast or meals it could have lead to low blood sugars which can causes these symptoms. You said blood work was normal , just check if blood sugars were tested or not .
2. Seizures : She might have had a fit ( Convulsions ) which can cause the symptoms that happened to her . The blood work and the Ct scan may not pick up Seizures.
For this I would recommend MRI Brain scan and EEG. Kindly get this done and revert back .
3. Drug Induced Giddiness : The medicine which she is taking Lyrica when combined with anti depressants can cause severe giddiness and she might have fainted due to that.
She need to either reduce the dose of either Lyrica or Anti depressant after consulting her Psychiatrist.
4. Psychogenic : It could be just due to her depression itself but this has to be considered once other conditions has been ruled out.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes earaches in adults
- What causes blood in stool in young adult male
- Causes of cataracts in young adults
- What causes impetigo in adults
- Causes of cardiomegaly in a young adult
- What causes jaundice in adults
- What causes herpangina in adults
- What causes shivering in adults
- What causes hydrocele in adults
- What causes worms in adult