What causes lesions on skin with history of molluscum contagiosum?

Dr. Johny Chacko

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: is this molluscum or something else? about 6 days ago it accidently popped, it looked like a sebeciouse gland and looked to be healing but now iy looks ofd. cant tell if this is still just healing or molluscum. had molluscum once but it cleared it and was gone was praying its not back. no other marks just this. was wondering what it is and what i can be doing
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Does not look like molluscum

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to healthcare magic.

I understand from your query that you are concerned about a lesion on your genitalia.

I have seen the pictures you have uploaded.

The lesion that you are concerned about does not seem to be molluscum.

It could be a slightly inflammed hair root which is common in the genitalia, especially if you are in the habit of shaving the hairs.

You could leave it alone or could apply an antibiotic cream containing 2% mupirocin twice a day for 3 days.

Hope this helps you.

If you have any further queries, I will be glad to assist.

Dr. Johny Chacko
Follow up: Dr. Johny Chacko 7 minutes later
doubtful on molluscum?
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Do not seem to be molluscum

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back!

No. They do not seem to be molluscum lesions.

Hope this clears your query.

Dr. Johny Chacko
Follow up: Dr. Johny Chacko 14 minutes later
neosporin help healing at all?
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can apply neosporin

Detailed Answer:

You can apply neosporin cream twice a day.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Johny Chacko
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj