What causes lesions on breast?

Geriatrics Specialist
Question
My mom is 63, has COPD and is on oxygen all the time now. She's been very sick and in and out of hospitals for the last 2 years. Her Doctors have her on Prednisone almost constantly now, so much so that she is keeping yeast infections in her mouth from having to take it. We have tried several things and can't get any relief..if you know of something we will sure try it. Right now she's broken out under 1 of her breast now. We have tried medicated powder thinking thay it was probably heat, but all that did was burn and sting she says. Her
Dr is out of town. I want to get her somewhere if you feel like this is shingles or anything like that.
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
It does not appear to be shingles.

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr. Prakash HM and I will be answering your query.

Looking at the clinical history and the present images, I do not think it could be shingles.
Shingles could be, if it were to be present in the back also and there were severe pain
This looks more like candida or tinea only.
Treatment involves keeping the area completely dry. Anti-fungal powder needs to be applied to it. I assume because of oral yeast infections, she would be taking oral anti-fungal medication, continue with the same treatment as it will help here also.

Any further queries, happy to help again.
Dr. Prakash HM