What causes leg weakness with foot drop?
MRI report suggestive left sided disc prolapse
Thanks for posting
After going through the your query and MRI report, it needs physical examination to confirm the cause of foot drop as the MRI report is suggestive of disc prolapsed at left side with foot drop on right side.
My suggestion would be -
1. Physical Examination by neurologist.
2. EMG/NCV test that is studies of nerve supplying the foot.
Foot drop is treatable provided we have the correct diagnosis in our hand.
In your reply I would like to know, do you have ever have direct injury at knee, probably a hit at knee?
Hope this helps and I shall be glad to answer any further query.
EMG/NCV test will help
It’s good to see you
After going through the whole discussion, you had foot drop from October 2012? Keeping this long duration (one and half year) in mind, my suggestion would be-
1. Get EMG/NCV test done to know the status of nerve and muscle function.
2. You may wear foot drop splint and keep on moving the ankle with hand’s to prevent joint contracture.
Hope this helps do come back if you have further query.
Wishing you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- E stim for foot drop
- Tendon transfer for foot drop
- What is the cause and treatment for foot drop
- What causes foot drop in children
- Foot drop due to rta
- Partial foot drop
- What are the underlying cause for foot drop in children
- Foot drop causes
- Causes of foot drop with hysterectomy
- Can foot drop cause numbness feeling in the leg