What causes leg pain followed by reduced heart rate and heavy breathing?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Fri, 22 Sep 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi Doctor , MY name XXXX, I have diabet now it ok A1c 6.5 but 3months ago left leg it pant and constrition of blood vense i take iron 3days Ido not pant again after that my body become slow i go to visit Doctor i se my pused slow 52 per minute normal i have 64- 60 ,sometime i breath up look line i carry some thing havy , before 64 i am very strong when i 50 now i turn 64 my XXXXXXX change alot , so i get i my heart problem ,what i do now
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My answer as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXX,

I passed carefully through your question and would explain that it is important performing a comprehensive differential diagnosis between different causes that may lead to your clinical situation ( chronic anemia, thyroid dysfunction, heart failure, kindey or liver dysfunction, vitamin deficiency, etc.).

For this reason, I would recommend consulting with your attending physician for a careful physical exam and some tests:

- a resting ECG and a cardiac ultrasound to examine your heart function and structure
- a chest X ray study and pulmonary function tests to exclude a lung disease
- complete blood count for anemia
- kidney and liver function tests
- thyroid hormone levels for possible dysfunction
- blood electrolytes for possible imbalance
- vitamin D levels for possible deficiency.

A Doppler ultrasound of the leg vessels would help exclude possible arteriopathy related to atherosclerosis, which could cause leg pain, especially considering the fact that you are diabetic.

You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.

Hope to have been helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri