• question-icon

What causes leg pain and stiffness in the back?

Posted on Thu, 8 Dec 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I had out patient surgery back on September 8th. for Superventricular Tachycardia. I did not have to stay since it was not on the left side of my heart an they were not concerned about blood clotting. I was fine for about 2 weeks then started get leg pain sometimes in different parts of my leg but mostly in the the left calf. Then that went away and my lower back became stiff and my legs really didn't bother me now the back pain is gone but my legs started to bother me again. Sometimes in my lower left calf and then sometimes just achy legs. Could this be clots or nerve damage from the needles place in my groin? I am scheduled for a follow up visit tomorrow with the doctors who did the surgery.
Answered by Dr. Benard Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following advice

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you for asking!
I read your query and understood your concerns.

Your symptoms aren't related to cardiac intervention procedure, but most likely may be related to:
- Lumbar spine disorders
- Deep vein thrombosis.

These disorders aren't a complication of procedure. If you were my patient I would recommend to do the following exams to find out what is causing your symptoms:
- Lumbar spine x-ray
- Lumbar spine MRI
- Doppler examination of both legs

Hope this will be of help!
Wish you health!
Dr. Shehu
Dr. Benard Shehu

Cardiologist