What causes leg blisters and ulcers while on Femara?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Breast Cancer
Question: hi my name is XXXXXXX I live in XXXX I have Metastic Breast Carsanoma; I was on Femera started in December 2011 I got lymphedema and then ulcers over most of my legs. I now take Estemestane and Fortuna?and the Nurses are having trouble containing they are just getting bigger and two have joined together. Could this be because of the drugs Im on or is this a side effect which is a bit like trying to beat city hall? They dress the wound with iodosorb powder on R leg and bactagras on my left leg. The left leg is contained but not getting any smaller. I also have pseudamonus? excuse my spelling. We are running out of ideas.?????
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello dear. it may be related to drug.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have gone through your case details. The drug which you are taking "Fortuna" i think is Everolimus or evertor. This drug in some cases can cause leg blisters and ulcers. More over you have developed secondary infection with Pseudomonas organism.
In my opinion the management will be
To reduce the dose of Fortuna(everolimus)
Aggressive physiotherapy for lymphedema management
Aggressive antibiotic support for Pseudomonas infection as per the culture report of pus
Take nutritious food.
I think this is going to help you.
In case you have further queries , feel free to ask
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj