What causes leg and back pain during 10th week of pregnancy?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 23 Sep 2016 in Pregnancy
Question: Hello Doctor, I am 33 years old and 10 week 5 days pregnant. I am little bothered by continuous backaches especially the injury on the right hip which i had in an accident around 15 years ago. I have difficulty in walking too due to that. Though I am not exerting at all I have been asked to rest for 20 weeks so I do only household activities. But if I get to stand continuously for few mins or do not rest intermittently then this pain begins. This started after 6th week. Is this related to pregnancy or lack of some nutrient, as I was not having this problem earlier. Please suggest something.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to pregnancy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain in the leg and backache can be due to muscle relaxation due to the effect of pregnancy related hormones. This can also be related to low levels of calcium and vitamin D3. It is best to get these levels evaluated and in case the levels are low then do start taking proper supplements.
Doing a hot compress, taking mild pain killer or applying a local analgesic gel will also help in relieving such pains.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal