What causes leg ache with shortness of breath?

Excellent

Nephrologist
Question
I have considerable leg pain (aching) when walking. It stops when I rest. I am also short of breath at the same time. Could this be claudication or what is your thinking?
Posted Wed, 6 Aug 2014 in Veins and Arteries

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Claudication pain

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for the query

Pain in the lower limb while walking/running could originate either from nerve or from the blood vessel. However if the pain releives after taking rest then it is very typical of claudication pain. I suggest you meet a physician as soon as possible for Doppler of the lower limbs. Yuu will have to be on blood thinners like aspirin and clopidogrel.

Breathlessness could be because of the pain. Pain often causes uneasiness and breathlessness. I am happy your doctors have ruled out all possible causes of breathlessness.

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me.

I wish you good health