What causes left-sided pain in the chest after eating overheated food?
Dear Ma'am, I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns,
However, this pain at that location is probably referred pain from your stomach... It is expected that the overheated food has caused an inflammation of the mucous membrane of the esophagus and stomach.
I would recommend that you take a proton pump inhibitor as Omeprazole 20mg once daily and antacid eg. Ranitidine 150mg before every meal for one week to decrease gastric acidity and allow the tissues to heal..
Also, avoid salty or spicy foods in the meanwhile and drink plenty of fluids...If despite this the pain persists, please get yourself checked out by your doctor once to look for other causes that may also cause this.
I hope you find this helpful.
I take protonix 40mg per day now.i also can use malox 30cc to help,how oftem can I take malox 30cc?
can you please rely as soon as possiblethank you
Three times daily
Dear Ma'am, Hello again.
The chest pain of cardiac origin is more like a squeezing pain while pain due to gastritis is more like a burning or dull aching pain that increases with meals or by lying down.
Also, gastric pain is relieved by antacids while cardiac pain does not...
Another thing is that cardiac pain is often associated with dizziness and shortness of pain... If your experience any of them then please go to the hospital and get an urgent ECG and echocardiogram...
Malox can be taken before every meal which means three times daily...
I hope you find this helpful...
You are welcome
Dear Ma'am, you are welcome and it's great to hear that you are feeling better.. May you always be in good health.. Merry Christmas to you too.. if you don't have any other clarifications then please close the discussion and rate the answer..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in chest
- What causes abdominal pain and nausea after eating solid food
- What causes mild chest pain the whole day on left side
- What causes lower left side chest pain
- What causes chest pain after eating when suffering from costochondritis
- What causes stomach pain after eating food
- What causes severe chest pain after eating
- What causes dizziness and stomach pain after eating food
- What causes left sided chest pain
- What causes left sided chest pain with headache
- What causes blood in stool while on Ibuprofen and Tylenol?
- Does Benzonatate interact with Trazodone?
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea, severe chills and fever
- What causes a lump in the armpit and fever?
- Suggest treatment for mucus in nasal passage
- Suggest treatment for throat pain and difficulty in swallowing
- Is chronic fatigue a symptom of Lyme's disease?
- Can Azithromycin cause painful lumps in the breasts?
- Suggest treatment for enlarged lymph nodes in the armpit and fatigue
- What causes severe vomiting and foul urine odor?