What causes left-sided lower abdominal pain?
Diverticulitis can be the reason.
Thank you for the query.
Do you suffer from constipation? DO you have any frequent urinating, burning while urinating?
Lower left abdominal pain can be caused by diverticulitis. This condition is caused by chronic constipation. Due to increased pressure in the colon, some kind of pouches appear in the wall. This pouches are thin and can in some cases lead to perforation. When a piece of stool stuck inside such pouch inflammation appears. This gives lower left abdominal pain along with some bloating. Blood can appear in the stool.
Other possible reasons of such pain is urinary tract infection, inguinal hernia, ovaries inflammation.
I suggest you to consult your doctor and have some tests done. Please start with abdominal ultrasound, blood work and urine test. If no changes in this tests, consult gynecologist and as the last step consider colonoscopy.
Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Having lower abdominal pain what could be causing this
- What causes lower abdominal pain
- What is causing the severe right lower abdominal pain
- What is lower abdominal pain
- Cause left lower abdominal pain
- What causes the sever lower abdominal pain
- What causes lower abdominal pain after urination
- What causes constant lower abdominal pain by hip
- What causes lower abdominal pain during pregnancy
- What causes spotting with lower abdominal pain