What causes left sided lower abdomen pain after radical left nephrectomy ?

Posted on Sat, 26 Apr 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Question: I had a radical left nephrectomy 2yrs ago after partial nephrectomy i was still getting infections the kidney had moved to my lower left abdomen and adhered to the wall in was necrotic and had cysts despite looking healthy on CT scans i have intense lower abdomen left side pain on walking a pulling sensation all the time. In the morning i am in a lot of pain in the same area front and back I have need on numerous pain relief inc endone tramadol feldene panadiene forte which i do not wish to take long term as some are addictive and i need to work. I never take sick days as I am a sub contractor I just need to get some help my urologist is not forthcoming I arranged to see a gastro spec because i believe I have adhesions to my bowel. Do you have any ideas? I do not think it is all nerve damage as it is really bad in the morning. I am at my wits end Please help!
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Adhesions Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Pain early in the morning in a post surgical state most of times indicates presence of adhesions as a complication of previous scalpel injuries. The only remedy for such a problem is either taking pain killers or getting the adhesions released by a surgery. But for good, most of the adhesions relax on their own without causing much problem but may take years. A consideration into to chronic subclinical infections of the surgery site is necessary. A complete blood count would help to rule out such ineffective or inflammatory complications. Do consult you urologist for the above. Wish you good health. regards,
Dr. Raju A.T