What causes left sided itching on the chest?

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Thu, 11 May 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Hello Sir,

Feels like itching in the left side of the chest. Actually, i have consulted a physician regarding this, he recommended these ECH, ECO & Treadmill test. All these tests are done twice for me and all the reports are normal but some sort of itching and burning sensation will be happening on the left-hand side of the chest. I am using Gastric tablets but still, experiencing the same. It is just 2 inches from the middle towards the left hand side of the chest. Pl suggest on this.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of gastritis is more.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
First of all no need to worry for heart diseases as your extensive cardiac work up is normal.
Itching sensation on left sided chest is mostly due to gastritis.
You are have not mentioned name of gastric tablet. So please let me know विच gastric tablet you are taking?
Another possibility is any skin related disease.
So please let me know
1. Do you have any skin redness over that area?
2. Do you have allergies?
Rare possibility is lung related diseases. So please let me know if you are having cough or breathlessness or fever etc.
Please reply me answers of above asked questions, so that I can guide you better. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 41 minutes later
I was taking PAN L or Esoguard for gastric problem. I not suffering from fever or a cough but sometimes my one side of my nose will be blocked(Little) and I experience a breathing problem a little might be some 5 percentage to 10 percentage. Also, I will be experiencing some sort of sensation in the nose.

When I rub the itching area I will experience burning sensation. Sometimes when I bend or turn I will experience a little itching or burning in the chest area i.e two inches from the middle of the chest or itching will happen below from there and in the side, i.e below the arm area.

Is there any problem. Sometimes identify the itching or pain while breathing i.e 5% to 10%
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Have you tried any anti allergic drug?

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
Pan L is good drug for gastritis.
You are also having nasal problems.
So we should definitely rule out allergy in your case.
So please let me know
1.Do you have allergies?
2. Have you tried any anti allergic drugs for this problem?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad