What causes left-sided hip pain while sitting?

Dr. Prasanna Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 14 Sep 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Left side hip down side I feel pain for the last one month, while sitting in sofas,at the time of driving I feel pain
Answered by Dr. Prasanna Heijebu 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Relevant information provided.

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,

I understand your query and concern.

Your symptoms are suggestive of Hip bursitis or Sciatica

I advise you to get an X-ray Pelvis including both hips and MRI hip to confirm the diagnosis.

Meanwhile Analgesics like Tab.ultracet twice daily and Tab.Pantop 40 mg once daily before breakfast will be helpful.

Note: These drugs should be taken under the strict medical prescription of your doctor.

I advise you to follow the below instructions:

1. Avoid repeated bending of the hip and direct pressure over the hip.

2.Do not sleep on the affected side; sleeping on the back or stomach is preferable.

3.Stair climbing, stair stepper, step aerobics, rowing machine, bicycling, squatting, and sports (eg, tennis and racquetball) should be avoided until the pain subsides.

4.Avoid prolonged sitting.

5.Minimize working in a stooped position.

6Limit repetitive bending at the hip.

7.Do not bend over to touch the toes during the recovery period.

Post your further queries if any,

Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T