• question-icon

What causes left sided chest pain while on Aspirin?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: I have woken up with pain in leftside of chest, when I breath in it is worse, it has gone now but lasted about forty minutes, I have since taken an aspirin. Don
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rib nerve pain.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

If it was sharp pain, most probable reason is rib nerve pain coming from the spine.
If the pain was dull, burning like and was radiating to the left arm or jaw, heart pain is the reason.
Rib nerve pain can be treated with antiinflammatory medicines like Diclophenac. Spine MRI can be done to determine the reason.
For heart issues you should consult cardiologist, have an ultrasound, stress test and coronarography.

Hope this helps.
Regards.
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon