What causes left-sided chest pain while coughing?
Probably just pulled intercostal muscle.
Hi and welcome.
Well, if you are talking about pain in chest then it is probably just pulled intercostal muscle or pinched nerve and it should be treated with rest, nonsteroid painkillers.
If this is felt in deep chest and left arm then you need to see cardiologist for further evaluation. Otherwise it may be beginning of pneumonia or pleurodynia and pulmologist evaluation is required.
Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scapular pain while coughing
- Symptoms of pain while coughing
- What causes lower left side chest pain
- Chest pain while coughing
- How is chest pain while coughing treated
- Diagnosis of pain while coughing
- What causes left sided chest pain
- Pain while coughing causes
- Chest pain while coughing or sneezing
- What causes left sided chest pain with headache