What causes left-sided chest pain while coughing?
Probably just pulled intercostal muscle.
Hi and welcome.
Well, if you are talking about pain in chest then it is probably just pulled intercostal muscle or pinched nerve and it should be treated with rest, nonsteroid painkillers.
If this is felt in deep chest and left arm then you need to see cardiologist for further evaluation. Otherwise it may be beginning of pneumonia or pleurodynia and pulmologist evaluation is required.
Wish you good health. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scapular pain while coughing
- Symptoms of pain while coughing
- What causes lower left side chest pain
- Chest pain while coughing
- How is chest pain while coughing treated
- Diagnosis of pain while coughing
- What causes left sided chest pain
- Pain while coughing causes
- Chest pain while coughing or sneezing
- What causes left sided chest pain with headache
- What causes a lump on the breast?
- What causes constant phlegm in the throat?
- What causes orange oily bowel movements?
- Is Azithromycin better than Cipro?
- Suggest remedies for profuse sweating in the middle of the night
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion and drainage to the throat
- Suggest treatment for postherpetic neuralgia symptoms
- Suggest ways to manage the side effects of Eliquis
- Can Bupropion be taken with Cymbalta, Flexeral and Gabapentin while...
- Can Eliquis be taken while on Warfarin?