What causes left sided chest pain at night after eating?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi doctor

I've been having a pain in the chest.. The left side near the breast area..It becomes painful esp after eating dinner.. The pain wld be constant all the way till bedtime.. I'm not sure if I have any heart problems..

But I have done ECG before. Twice! All came out negative. Did went to see a GP but told me it is probably Gastric!
I mean gastric can affect the chest? Esp on the left side? GP suggested to start dinner early. But i'm still having the pain. But the weird thing is.. It happens only at night! I dont have chestpain in the noon, no matter how much i ate for lunch!

Dont wish to go Emergency everytime the chest pain comes up. But got brushed "Oh its nthg!" Bcos its so uncomfortable.. Esp gg to bed thinking "am I having heart attack now? Shld i go ER?" Lying on the bed facing left is not comfy too with the chest pain.

& yes im suffering from PCOS. It been 6mths i had my menses. But No, i'm not pregnant.

Need your kindest advice doctor..
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Hanif 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems to be Acid Peptic Disease(APD) But needs more details

Detailed Answer:
Hello Dear XXXX!

I welcome you here at my virtual Clinic. I have gone through your case thoroughly and will help you get better soon.
It seems that you have Acid peptic disease (APD). It causes such kind of pain. And yes, this pain is mostly in the chest beneath the sternum somewhat to the left and as we go down, it comes in the middle and to the left.
Few questions which need your kind attention & answers :-
*Do you have history of nausea,vomiting?
*Bitter taste in mouth, anytime ?
*sore throat (pharyngitis)?
*heart burns?
*Bloating?
*Constipation?
*History of fever in recent past?
*How active you are physically?
* what's your profession?

I will wait for the reply so as to better treat you. Have a nice time.

Regards!
DR. HANIF XXXXXXX USA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Muhammad Hanif