What causes left arm numbness with anxiety?
Thanks for your query.
What you are experiencing is called 'Radiculopathy'. It basically suggests entrapment of a nerve root in your cervical spine in its origin or course. This is the cause of your left arm numbness. It is somehow not so uncommon now in younger population and we like to call it industrial neck pain, since its prediliction towards people working in computer related industry.
It can be caused by lifting weights, episodes of over-exertion during work, long hours on computer, inappropriate posture while sleeping or sitting, lack of proper nutrition-exercises-rest-recreation or any other relevant past medical history.
If it has been persistent or even increasing since few days, you need to visit your orthopaedician. Depending upon the clinical findings they might ask you to get an MRI done, which shall help establish a diagnosis and in turn allow one to formulate a treatment plan.
Let me assure you that this is temporary and self limiting illness that usually the treatment goes in following lines: rest, lifestyle modifications (namely- avoiding pillow while sleeping, following a healthy diet plan, maintaining suitable posture while working on computer/driving, avoiding any activity that strikes neck discomfort), medications (that your physician prescribes) and most important physiotherapy ( in form of neck exercises, cervical traction if required along with local ultrasonics).
In case the pain is not adequately relieved with the present treatment then you may need oral muscle relaxants and methylcobalamnin supplements for proper relief.
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treated for Facet joint syndrome. Suffer pain in lower lumbar region...
- Broke calcaneus, have swelling and pain in heel and toenail when weight...
- What causes diffrence in the testicle size?
- Could a botched injection cause synovitis?
- Can NSAID be taken daily to prevent shoulder inflammation due to arthritis?
- What causes acute pain over the hip bone?
- Suggest treatment for vitamin D deficiency
- What causes leg cramps at night?
- What causes multiple joint pain?
- What does swelling and pain on knees indicate?